- 1. This is the official website of Junichi Kawamoto, a photographer based in Fukuoka
- 2. UM Design and the um-d.com Domain
- 3. Contacts
- 4. Track Record in Work
- 5. Work Experience
- 6. Non-Disclosure Agreement
- 7. Area Map and Surrounding Locations
This is the official website of Junichi Kawamoto, a photographer based in Fukuoka
Thank you for visiting our website. I’m Junichi Kawamoto from UM Design.
As a freelancer, I specialize in advertising and business photography, as well as video production. I am based near JR Hakata Station and Fukuoka Airport, and have been working remotely with clients for over 10 years.
For on-location photography, I bring my own lighting equipment for a “portable studio" experience. With my experience in television commercial production, I am also skilled in video production.
As advertising and PR photography is my main area of expertise, I am accustomed to working with professional photographers and am able to quickly understand their needs from our first meeting. Although I am based in Fukuoka City (Hakata, Kyushu), I receive many requests from Tokyo.
I have worked with clients ranging from major corporations to individual entrepreneurs. I am comfortable in a variety of work environments and have experience working both locally and on global projects.
With my background in television commercial production, I also excel in video production. I am well-versed in creating SNS videos, which is a popular medium for many of our clients, including those in their 20s.
UM Design and the um-d.com Domain
In October 1995, UM Design was established as a business name in Fukuoka City, Fukuoka Prefecture. The um-d.com domain was acquired in October 2000 to celebrate the 5th anniversary of our establishment. From website development to content creation, I have been working on everything by myself.
Track Record in Work
Experience as a Photographer
I specialize in photographing corporate events and conferences, both in Japan and overseas. I also provide business interview photography and media services for recruitment purposes, specifically in the medical and real estate industries. In addition, I excel at photographing people, modeling for fashion and business, as seen in my past work.
My services also include taking beautiful, real-life photographs of shops, medical clinics, and other locations for use on websites.
【Examples of Directly Appointed Projects】
■ People Modeling Softbank Hawks Magazine Cover / AKB48 promotional photos / Advertisement in Nihon Keizai Shimbun (Japanese economic newspaper) / VOGUE JAPAN (Fashion magazine) / Beauty and cosmetic product commercials / Press releases / Indie artist photos / DVD jacket photos / Cover photos for economic magazines / Hair and makeup modeling for mook books
■ 【Selected Examples of Work】 From art to business, I have equal experience in both.
- Coverage and photography of job recruitment and talent acquisition activities
- Photography for personal and independent business websites and landing pages
- Photography for interviews with famous economic magazines
- PR photography for well-known IT ventures in Japan and abroad
- Photography for pharmaceutical companies, securities companies, and banks
- Photography for overseas media
- Photography for teaching materials, universities, vocational schools, cram schools, and consultants
- Photography for newspapers and TV stations
As a content creator,
As noted in my work history, there was a period when I took a break from being a photographer and worked as a creator in the field of commercial film and video games.
Other Career History
■[2020-present] General member, “Professional & Parallel Career Freelance Association" (https://www.freelance-jp.org/)
■[2021-present] General member, “freenance" (GMO Creators Network Inc.) (https://freenance.net/)
■ Member of Fukuoka Growth Next Co-working Space (https://growth-next.com/)
■[2002-2006] Individual member of JAGDA Fukuoka (Japan Graphic Designers Association) (https://www.jagda.or.jp/)
■[2000-2006] Worked as a 3D-CGI digital artist in the game industry and TV commercial production
■[1997-2005] Part-time lecturer at universities and vocational schools
■[Early 2000s] Wrote review articles for CG industry magazines. Worked on CG projects distributed as official paid content for three major mobile carriers.
(This notice applies to certain service descriptions outside of the gallery, which may include licensed materials.)
- Started working as an advertising and PR business photographer in 2007.
- Worked as a 3D-CGI digital artist for the game industry and TV commercials from 2000 to 2006.
- Was a member of the Japan Graphic Designers Association (JAGDA) in the Fukuoka region from 2002 to 2006.
- Worked as a part-time seminar lecturer at universities and vocational schools in Fukuoka from 1997 to 2005.
- Entered “Siggraph 1999" as a 3DCG designer in Los Angeles, USA, in 1999.
- Registered “UM Design" as a personal freelance business with the tax office in 1995.
- Started outsourcing work with personal Apple Macintosh equipment under the business name “UM Design" around 1994.
- Worked as a planning and sales department member and photographer at a printing company from 1991 to 1995.
- Worked as a professional photographer since the 1990s, using film cameras, large flash, and VHS linear editing for videos.
I have been involved in numerous NDA projects since the 2000s.
Customers often have two types of information: those that they want to promote through word-of-mouth, and those that are considered trade secrets.
Area Map and Surrounding Locations
I am located close to the airport, shinkansen, and the central area of Fukuoka city.
My base as a photographer is within 5 kilometers of the central areas of Fukuoka such as Tenjin, Daimyo, JR Hakata Station, and Fukuoka Airport.
Regarding my business travels, I have traveled for assignments from all over Kyushu to as far as Kansai and Okinawa.